Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chioggia --> Venezia


 There is a great side to having 3 day weekends- day trips. Friday I headed on up to Chioggia, a little town about an hour south of Venice on the East coast, with 4 friends. Chioggia is a quaint miniature version of Venice. We enjoyed walking the canals, eating a delicious seafood lunch, eating gelato in the sunshine along the waters edge, and then deciding to spontaneously hop the next boat that was leaving for Venice.

 It was about an hour ride from Chioggia to Venice and we took a boat, then a bus, then that bus drove onto another boat, and finally we arrived by walking off the third boat of this little trip onto  Piazza San Marco. It was a long, fun, exciting day!


2 comments:

  1. Great pics Britta. I like the lady hanging her clothes out to dry over the canal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!

    A few weeks ago I visited Chioggia for the first time and really liked the picturesque little port town.

    You are welcome to check out on my blog how I saw it through my lens. ;)

    ReplyDelete