Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bologna, Emilia Romagna, Italia


(View from hotel bedroom window)

Yesterday I finally arrived in the beautiful city of Bologna.

Bologna has a slogan " La dotta, la rossa, la grassa" it literally means " the learned, the red, the fat"
Having only been here for 24 hours I can't comment too much on this, however Bologna does have one of the oldest universities with some of the most renowned professors, is famous for the mortadella otherwise known as bologna, and all roofs have red tiles and many buildings have brick or red/pink painted facades.
With the little walking I have done, I know I am going to be completely, utterly happy in this city. You can't not walk around and be in awe of the beauty that awaits you around every corner.

Today was the first official day of the BCSP program. I met the director who is very friendly and approachable, and also met the other 21 students who are studying here for the here coming from Cornell, UPenn, Indiana University, University of Chicago, U Madison, U Milwaukee, and of course the University of Minnesota. The most important topic we discussed today was housing- how to go about looking for an apartment.

I have two weeks in a hotel, which during that time I will be looking for a place to live and experience this bolognese lifestyle, it is quite a nerve racking experience.


(dinner with BCSP at Ristorante Nino)

No comments:

Post a Comment